WE, THE UNDERSIGNED, SUPPORT BROOKLINE PARAPROFESSIONALS IN THEIR NEED FOR:
- increase in hourly wages (to a livable wage!)
- more hours
- job security
No one who works in Brookline schools full time should be expected to live in poverty!
WHAT CAN COMMUNITY MEMBERS DO?
We urge Brookline parents and community members to stand with us.
- Share this petition with Brookline community members/parents
- Attend a school committee meeting. Sign up to speak to express your support for Brookline educators. Calendar of meetings: http://www.brooklinema.gov/calendar.aspx?CID=110,&Keywords=&startDate=&enddate=&
- Call and email school committee members:firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Write a letter to the Brookline Tab expressing your support for all Brookline educators.
- Attend a community forum on February 9: a chance to envision our values and the school system our children deserve. All Saint's Church, 6-8:30pm
- To volunteer in other ways, contact the beu at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-277-0251